The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Food and Drug Administration have said they have identified the toxin in Soylent, the liquid product created by a California company that has been popular with consumers in the U.S. and around the world.
They said the FDA will soon issue a warning to consumers about the risk of eating the product.
The FDA said it was notified of the poisoning of a person who had consumed Soylint, which is sold by Food Network.
The person is in stable condition, according to a statement from the agency.
The Food Network said in a statement that it is aware of the Soylents contamination and is cooperating fully with the investigation.
We take this issue seriously and are investigating this matter with FDA,” the network said.
The product was also named by CNN, which cited the Centers for Diseases Control and Public Health as saying the toxin was found in the formula of Soyluntan.
The agency said Soylints’ product was “determined to contain a high level of a toxin which is potentially toxic and is not recommended for human consumption.”
The company said Soyltans products are not a food or food additive and are intended to be consumed as a liquid.
The USDA said the company responsible for making the product, Soylence, will be asked to provide a statement to consumers as part of the investigation and the company will be held liable for any harm that results from consumption of the product and the safety of consumers.
The agency added it was reviewing the case.